The FOD Shield is heavy-duty rubberized work mat engineered to provide the most technically advanced protection for costly composite structures that are subject to impact. The FOD Shield should be used where impact can cause damage and expense. The FOD shield can also be used as a protective covering, insulating mat, chemical resistant mat, lining/padding for crates and other packaging materials. The FOD Shield has been designed to reduce impact by up more than 6 times the weight of the object in question. This unique ability is due to the chlorobutyl material compound and the load dispersing membrane seen at the parting line.
FOD Shields can be used wherever high foot traffic areas exist. Orders can be customized by adding embedded colored
characters and/or logos. ESD capabilities make the FOD Shield a perfect choice for clean room matting. Technical Packaging applications include protective coverings where FOD is an issue, protective lining for crate/case packaging solutions and additional padding for larger items. The FOD Shield will prevent oil and other chemicals from coming in contact with particular packaging materials. Great for machine/ automotive and MRO shops!
FOD Shield Protects:
- Tool and Part damage in machine shops
- Carbon tooling from damage
- Aerospace structures during maintenance, assembly and repair
- Aircraft interiors and cargo floors during construction
- Transportation flooring
- Any high value delicate surface
- Ultra High foot traffic areas
- Chemical exposure to sensitive surfaces
- Packaging from exposure to oils, solvents, chemicals.
Engines, all types, from FOD during transit The FOD Shield has been tested by an independent testing laboratory for standard aerospace applications to determine water absorption characteristics and specific gravity. Testing also has determined the tensile ultimate elongation for degreasing, skydrol, JP-4 and deicing fluid. Resistance against other chemicals, oils and solvents has been documented for over 400 types. Other test/documentation include:
IMPACT TESTING SHOWING MORE THAN 6X ENERGY DISBURSEMENT
- .190,.250,.375 THICKNESS RESULTS
- 2’, 5’ and 10’ drop heights
- V arious weights ranging from 2-50 lbs.
- Tested per ASTM D635-10
- Rated @ HB per ASTM D635-10 Appendix X1.2.4 with its burn rate of less than 40 mm/min.
24 HOUR SUBMERSION TEST
- Tested 24 hour in Skydrol
- Tested 24 hour JP4
- Tested 24 hour in de-Icing fluid
- 24 Exposure to 150 degree Fahrenheit temps. (simulating a Tarmac)
- 24 hour exposure to -60 degree Fahrenheit
- 180 lbs./per 24 hour period.
FOD shield also offers a non-slip surface and a specialized suction bottom for superior fit/non-marking solutions on delicate surfaces.
The FOD Shield is currently used throughout the Aerospace/ DOD/Industrial and Technical Packaging Markets. Satisfied
customers include, USMC, USAF, ATK, NGC, GE AVIATION, ROCKWELL COLLINS, BOEING, DISNEY, LOCKHEED MARTIN and others.